I’ve Been Speaking the Wrong Language
Then I read this book (yes, I know it was published in 2007 and no, I don’t why I hadn’t read it until now):
- More concrete, less abstraction utilizing more images and videos
- More stories and case examples — what I’m doing in the clinic and in courses with real people and how you can improve your own life, or those you work with, using this framework.
- I will still use the latest evidence in neuroscience, stress, learning, and movement (that will never change) but in more practical and applicable ways. Ways that matter to you.
- More teaching: look for updates on webinars, seminars, and other learning opportunities from me soon. In fact, I have one coming up soon — see below.
All this to say that in order for you to get the most out of my site the content needs to be tangible. Sophisticated but tangible. Because the mission is to help people like you, or your clients if you’re a clinician/coach, to better self-regulate. To “un-stick” patterns of movement and behavior that aren’t helping you achieve what you want to achieve.
Learning to regulate oneself is one of the most important things we can do for not only ourselves but the people around us.
Think about it — what better way to get out of pain and suffering, anxiety, and improve your relationships, than to understand and master our own behavior.
Have any suggestions for topics or implementation? Love or hate this idea? Please comment below or email me: email@example.com.
Thanks for reading these past three years and here’s to many more!
* Want to understand how to implement the basics of breathing into your own life or clinical practice? Check out this webinar I’m teaching August 23, 2016 (click the link for details and to sign up): Just Breathe – How to Successfully Use the Basics of Breathing in Rehabilitation. CEUs are available if you’re a PT, OT, or ATC. If you can’t make it to the live course, no worries it will be available to watch On-Demand after the course airs.
P.S. I’ll be doing some design updates to the website to make it more user friendly so stay tuned.